As Oman progressively reopens to welcome all travellers to a new normal, the necessary entry requirements and border controls are in place. Travel is now permitted for all citizens and residents through Oman International Airport (MCT) to or from any destination in accordance with the procedures of respective countries of origin.
To help you, our esteemed guests, reduce the hassle of searching for information about travelling into Oman so you can have a smooth journey, we have created a checklist to help you prepare for your visit to our beautiful destination.
- Check if you need a visa to enter the country
- Obtain the necessary health insurance to cover COVID-19 expenses for at least 1 month
- Ensure you have an official printed COVID-19 vaccine certificate containing a QR Code stating that you have received two doses of a vaccine approved in Oman (AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V); or in cases where a single dose is approved by the Health Authorities of the Sultanate, have received one dose of such vaccine. The last dose is required to have been received not less than fourteen (14) days ahead of the estimated arrival time.
- You have taken a COVID-19 PCR test at maximum 96 hours before arrival if arriving on a flight that takes 8 hours or more (including transit), or a negative PCR test taken at maximum 72 hours before arrival if arriving on a flight that takes less than 8 hours.
- Complete the pre-registration and upload the relevant vaccination certificates and negative pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test results before travelling to Oman. Both must contain QR code.
- Travellers below 18 and travellers with medically confirmed health conditions that prevent them from taking the vaccination are exempt from presenting the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate.
Due to the ever-changing nature of the regulations, you are advised to check the latest travel advisory issued by the relevant local authorities before you travel. Below are some helpful links: