Resting in an exclusive private estate in Tanah Gajah, Ubud, hidden among the lush undulating hills of Bali’s culture-rich highlands, The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah features a tranquil world of 20 self-contained villas and suites spread across a rural landscape of 5-hectare breathtaking gardens and restful rice fields.
Committed to making a difference in hospitality standards and to serving only the best to our guests, we are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and dedicated team player for the position of ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR.
- To maintain the excellent condition of villas, buildings, and hotel equipment.
- To maintain costs within allocated budget using preventative meintanance measures and energy conservation programs
- To supervise and manage the engineering team in absence of the Director of Engineering
- To ensure the full implementation of standards of service required by The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah and and GHM
- Forecast workload and check work schedules prepared for all subordinate employees of areas of responsibility
- Train new and existing employees according to GHM standards and the property’s Engineering operating procedures
- Schedule, supervise and monitor performance of subordinates
- Ensure the most efficient use of heat, light and power
- Establishe and maintain effective internal communication and meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and efficiency
- Schedule all preventative and planned maintenance work together with the Rooms Manager
- Ensure minimal down-time from breakdown of Laundry and Kitchen equipment through routine maintenance either in house or by contractor
- Ensure the team is kept up to date Keep being updated of all new government regulations and apply it at the same, (i.e. health, safety, building & Fire regulations, sewage treatment, environmental)
- Monitor outside contractors
- Establish and conduct training on fire fighting and evacuation procedure for all staff on a regular bases (twice a year)
- Maintain par stock in engineering store
- Ensure timely attention to maintenance requests especially from front of the house
- Maintain updated records of all equipment plans etc.
- Prepare property maintenance operating and capital budget together with the Director of Engineering for approval
- Ensure Safety and Security in all areas of work
- Complete other/miscellaneous hotel related projects as assigned by General Manager
- Ensure the smooth operation and coordination of the various sections within the Guest Services Department through effective management and leadership, delegation and technical assistance in order to ensure optimal profitability and guest satisfaction
- Ensure the full implementation of standards of service required by The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah and GHM
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to work in a productive team
- Advanced reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- A minimum of four years’ experience as an Engineer line employee, preferably in hotel industry
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Lotus and Microsoft Office
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume by 20th November 2013 to email@example.com. (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)