As part of our COVID-19 preventive efforts, we have consulted respected experts and followed the guidance of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities to create comprehensive measures designed to safeguard the comfort, health and safety of guests and employees in our historic home.
- All public areas including door handles, lift buttons and reception counters are thoroughly sanitised throughout the day on an hourly basis.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are placed throughout the property.
- Everyone must wear a facemask when in the hotel’s public spaces.
- Advisory health and safety posters are displayed throughout the hotel.
- Guest elevators will operate a maximum capacity of one family per trip with a maximum of 4 persons.
Transportation from the Airport (if arranged with the hotel)
- The chauffeur will always wear a protective mask and gloves during the trip.
- The car will be sanitised after every trip.
- Guests will be required to sit only in the back seat of the car.
- Guests in self-driven cars are requested to self-park their vehicles in the designated parking areas.
Concierge and Bell Services
- Valet parking will be the only restricted service and all other services will be handled via mobile text messages (SMS or WhatsApp).
- Luggage will be disinfected prior to loading, with professional chemicals containing at least 70% alcohol as recommended by Diversey, a global expert.
- We highly recommend travelling with hardboard (plastic) bags as any type of cloth/leather luggage could be damaged during disinfection.
- Guests will be greeted and welcomed by our professional doormen and have their temperature taken.
- Luggage will be sanitized upon arrival with professional chemicals containing at least 70% alcohol recommended by Diversey, a global expert, prior to delivery to the guestroom.
- Check-in will take place in the lobby where social distancing will be followed at all times and masks will be worn.
- Disposable gloves and masks are available for all our guests.
- Guests staying in the Serai and the Chedi blocks will be escorted to the elevator while maintaining a safe distance but will not accompany the guest in the elevator.
- Plexiglas panels have been installed in the hotel buggy to transfer guests to suite rooms.
- A courtesy call will be extended after check-in to ascertain guests’ comfort.
- A copy of the guest bill will be placed under their door. If no inquiries, the guest’s credit card will be charged. Upon request, a digital copy will be sent to the guest’s email address.
- Room keys will be dropped in a designated box at the front desk.
- All luggage trollies will be sanitised before and after each use.
- Enhanced rigorous cleaning and disinfection of guest rooms and suites is undertaken with extra attention to high touch items including telephones, faucets, light switches, door & furniture handles, temperature control panels, TV remotes, alarm clocks, luggage racks, safe deposit boxes, etc.
- Items not easily cleaned have been removed i.e. notepads, pens, magazines, hairdryers, hotel directories, etc. These are available upon request.
- The housekeeping team is provided with appropriate PPE as recommended by the authorities. They will enter to clean only when guests are not present in the room, after the guests check-out or upon request by the guest.
- Rooms are ventilated daily by keeping the doors and windows open while we clean the room.
- Turndown service will be provided upon request.
- To ensure social distancing, alternate rooms are allocated.
- Each room will remain vacant for at least 24 hours before the next arrival.
- Minibars are emptied but available upon request.
- If maintenance work is required during guest’s stay, the team will only enter the room when guests are not around.
- Sanitiser is available at the hostess desk reception and throughout all dining outlets.
- A Food Safety Management System (FSMS) is in place based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) processes to manage risk and prevent contamination of food.
- Processes are in place for in-room dining food delivery. These meet all hygiene standards.
- Reservations at restaurants are strongly encouraged to allow us to manage distancing and crowd control for guests’ safety and well-being.
- All our food and beverage outlets offer outdoor seating and comply with social distancing rules.
- A maximum of 4 people may be seated at one table.
- Cleaning and disinfecting is implemented after each service.
- Digital menus are provided. Physical copies are available upon request.
- No cutlery will be pre-set on the table. These will be provided with the order.
- No buffets are served.
- Single-serve bar snacks are provided.
Gym and Swimming Pool
- Advance booking of slots required.
- All equipment and sunbeds are sanitised before and immediately after each use by a team member.
- Towels are provided upon arrival.
- Limiting the usage of the pool and gym to 2 hours per session for all in-house guests.
- Capacity in these areas has been significantly reduced in line with physical distancing practices. Maximum of 10 guests (pool) and 10 guests (gym) at any time.
- Pool water is cleaned and regular tests are undertaken to maintain concentration levels within the limits of required standards.
- Advance reservations are required.
- Dishwashers and laundry equipment are regularly checked to make sure they are operating at the protective temperature and with the correct dosage of disinfecting and cleaning chemicals.
- The air-conditioning system and filters are continuously monitored and maintained.
- Temperature control checks are conducted for all associates at the staff entrance.
- Associates with cold, cough or temperature of more than 37.3°C will be asked to stay home.
- Alcohol-based sanitizers will be placed at all critical touch-points in the office areas. These include lift landings, corridors, washroom entrances, lockers, uniform rooms, employee dining, etc.
- Associates will adhere to social distancing rules by queuing at circular indicators marked at the staff entrance, uniform room, employee dining, and other high traffic areas.
- Lockers, washrooms, showers, and elevators will be cleaned and disinfected every 45 minutes.
- Office areas will be well ventilated, and the air conditioning temperature will be maintained at 24°C (+/- 1°C).
For more detailed information, please contact us directly at [email protected].