Hotel Internet Services Usage Terms & Conditions
By logging on to access the free internet services (“Internet Services”) provided by the Chedi Muscat (the “Hotel”) to access the internet, as a guest of the Hotel, you will be deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agreed to being bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The Hotel will use reasonable endeavors to ensure provision of free and uninterrupted Internet Services to the guests. The Hotel will not be liable for non-availability of the Internet Services at any time or any period due to the maintenance of servers, operational reason or any other reason beyond reasonable control. The Hotel will not be liable for any loss of data or damage that may be caused to your equipment by using our Internet Services.
- The Internet Service is provided on “as-available” basis and the Hotel does not guarantee that it will work on every computer or with every wireless network adapter. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Hotel hereby excludes all and any warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect of the Internet Service and the content or the data downloaded from it.
- Due to the nature of the service, you acknowledge and accept that the Hotel does not guarantee the integrity, authentication and confidentiality of the information, files and data including any credit card numbers and PIN’s that is exchanged by you by using the Internet Services. Hence, the Hotel does not guarantee any security against any unlawful access or use of your confidential information or data. The Hotel is not liable for any interception of transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking or damage to your computer.
- You will not use the Internet Service in any way that infringes any law or conditions of any license or any third party rights (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property rights or computer misuse legislation) and the terms and conditions set out herein.
- You will not use the Internet Service to make any offensive, indecent, menacing or hoax calls or to upload, download or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene and prohibited by law or to carry out any hacking activities. The Hotel reserves all the rights to restrict your use of the Internet Service at any time without notice if it becomes aware of any behaviour that has a negative effect on its equipment or network or the use by other guests or the internet in general or which damages or has the potential to damage to the Hotel’s reputation. You will be solely responsible and liable for any actions that would be taken against you for such illegal use of the Internet Services. The Hotel reserves the right to disclose all the confidential information relating to you to the relevant authorities in cases of crime investigation.
- The Hotel has no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct or indirect financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the Internet Service or inability to use or access the Internet Service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Internet Service at any time or damage to any physical property or any other loss that may arise by usage of the Internet Service or in relation to these terms and conditions, whether or not the Hotel is advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you indemnify and hold harmless the Hotel, its employees and its management against all or any losses and claims arising from any breach of these terms and conditions by you and against any claims or legal proceedings arising from your use of the Internet Service which are brought or threatened against the Hotel by any third party.
- You hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that the above stated significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks are inherent in accessing or transmitting information by using the Internet Services, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology.
I AGREE THAT BY LOGGING ON TO ACCESS THE INTERNET SERVICE, I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, ACCEPTED AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE MENTIONED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF INTERNET SERVICES.